Alexander Whitehead shares news and information relevant to our clients and professional network. We also program events designed to connect our clients with thought leaders in specific areas of expertise for insightful discussions about topics relevant to the economy, to industry, and to business.
On July 5, 2017, through an Order in Council, the Government of Alberta appointed ten new the Members of the Alberta Research and Innovation Advisory Committee (ARIAC), the advisory body that provides strategic advice and recommendations to the Government of Alberta on research opportunities, emerging technologies and policy direction to enhance innovation. To view the full list of new Members, click here.
Vancouver’s Arts Club Theatre Company, Canada’s largest urban professional not-for-profit theatre company, has identified Ashlie Corcoran as its new Artistic Director to replace Bill Millerd upon his retirement in 2018. Corcoran, currently Artistic Director with Thousand Islands Playhouse in Gananoque, Ontario, will assume the artistic leadership of the 55-year-old company in October, when she will begin programming the 2018–19 season. To learn more about this appointment click here.
The British Columbia Utilities Commission (BCUC) announced the appointment of Ian Jarvis as the organization’s first Chief Operating Officer. Mr. Jarvis previously served as the Chief Financial Officer and later as President and Chief Executive Officer of Translink.
We are Hiring – Project Coordinator Opportunity
Due to rapid growth, the firm requires a Project Coordinator to join the company on a permanent basis. Highly qualified individuals may be considered on a part-time basis if preferred.
The Project Coordinator will contribute to the execution of various research projects utilizing an array of on-line tools. The successful candidate has the ability to learn and understand various industries, can work within a flexible and fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects, and have advanced-level expertise in Microsoft Excel and Word. He/she is experienced in database management, social media, and has a track record of thinking creatively to find solutions. Excellent communication and time management skills, a resilient attitude, and an understanding of various industries and businesses are required. An understanding of the mining industry preferred, but not mandatory.
Utilizing Alexander Whitehead’s CRM, as well as a variety of online and social media tools, the Project Coordinator will participate in a variety research projects to further develop our global database of established and emerging leadership talent. In addition, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for generating various reports for each project. From thorough administrative support to handling all sorts of admin tasks and drafting business documents, the work you do will be vital to the smooth running of the business.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Document Preparation and Management: Formats and edits reports and presentations from draft stage to client-ready work. Uses independent judgment to compose general, non-technical business documents. Is privy to, and must protect, confidential materials.Follows an organized filing/document management process for electronic filing
- Preparing statements of qualifications, and marketing related documentation
- Preparing monthly project reports, project specific status reports, competitive analyses
- Editing project deliverables, including technical reports, and presentations
- Database Management: Maintaining and updating our current CRM with appropriate documentation and input of data
- Market Research: Ability to utilize internal database, social media platforms, internet for market research and analysis.
- Project Management: Establishes a systematic method for self and others to track time commitments and the completion of tasks based on clients’ preferences. Independently manages multiple projects scheduling appointments, anticipating needs, changes and rearranging meetings as appropriate.
- Administrative support, data entry, documentation development, and other general administrative services
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience providing administrative and project coordination support in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, project based environment.
- Post-secondary degree in business administration, journalism, human resources, or a related discipline.
- Previous Microsoft Office experience with a proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint applications. Previous experience working within WordPress is highly desirable but not required.
- Ability to administer multiple projects while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment and with minimal supervision.
- Must be highly motivated with proven organizational, planning and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to establish and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized and strong time-management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact in an unstructured entrepreneurial environment.
Alexander Whitehead offers a competitive compensation package, flexible work environment, professional development opportunities, and prospects for career advancement. Interested and qualified individuals are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining salary expectations and a resume to: HR@alexanderwhitehead.com no later than April 27.
We thank all applicants and advise only those required for an interview will be contacted.
HR Q&A Survey Results – Looking Ahead to 2017
Alexander Whitehead Executive Search presents HR Q&A: Looking Ahead to 2017, our annual report summarizing the thoughts and opinions of established and emerging HR leaders in Alberta and British Columbia. Each year we invite over 1,500 HR professionals to share their insights on economic issues impacting their regions; the risks facing their organizations, and their own personal objectives for the coming year.
Please download your copy of the report to learn what is on the minds of HR leaders heading into 2017.
In January 2017, Kelly Boychuk was announced as the new Vice President, Technical Services for Leagold Mining. Mr. Boychuk is a geotechnical engineer with 25+ years of experience in project exploration, development, permitting, engineering, construction and operation phases of precious and base metal projects in North and South America. Mr. Boychuk was based in Chile as Manager of Engineering for Knight Piésold Consulting and in Vancouver as Manager of Project Development with Ledcor Contractors’ mining group. He is a registered Professional Engineer.
Waterton Global Resource Management announced the appointment of Paul Nielson as their new Head of Development Portfolio. Mr. Neilson previously held the position of Director, Minerals & Metals, Western Region for Ausenco and served in several managerial positions for AMEC Foster Wheeler. He is a registered Professional Engineer.
Achieving Balance Survey Results
Earlier in the fall, Alexander Whitehead Executive Search conducted a survey of Board Directors and executive management about issues impacting for-profit and not-for-profit organizations in Alberta and British Columbia. We have completed the analysis of the data provided, and have prepared our report – Achieving Balance.
Please download your copy of the report to learn what is on the minds of Board Directors in Alberta and British Columbia in regards to a diverse range of economic and social issues.
Pan American Silver, the world’s second-largest primary silver producer, announced the appointment of Siren Fisekci as the new Vice President Investor Relations and Corporate Communications. Ms. Fisekci was previously the Vice President Investor & Corporate Relations for Calgary-based Canadian Oil Sands Limited where she served in various communications roles from 2002 to 2016.
HR Q&A Survey Results – Looking Ahead to 2016
In December 2015, Alexander Whitehead partnered with the Human Resources Management Association (HRMA) and the Human Resources Institute of Alberta (HRIA) to produce HR Q&A – Looking Ahead to 2016. This survey of HR leaders in Alberta and British Columbia collected their insights on issues impacting their regions, organizations, and their own personal objectives for 2016.
On October 7, Alexander Whitehead and the British Columbia Human Resources Management Association (BC HRMA) are hosting Generation mYsunderstood featuring Eric Termuende, co-founder and Director of Gen Y Inc., the only North American Generation Y consultancy owned and operated by Gen Y leaders.
On June 26 Alexander Whitehead presented In Conversation with Minister Steve Thomson, the Minister of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations for the province of British Columbia. The Minister shared his vision for the future of the forestry industry in key areas of innovation and competitiveness.
Alexander Whitehead led the search campaign to identify the new Chair of the Alberta Innovates Technology Futures Board of Directors. In March, Ms. Judy Fairburn, Executive Advisor with Cenovus, was appointed. For more information, please click here.
On June 19 Alexander Whitehead invited Todd Hirsch, author and Chief Economist of Alberta Treasury Branch, and Dr. Roger Gibbins, author and former CEO of the Canada West Foundation to Vancouver to discuss the shared economic and public policy issues and opportunities facing Alberta and British Columbia.
Alexander Whitehead led the search campaign to identify the new Board of Directors for Alberta Economic Development Authority (AEDA). To review the appointments, please click here.
Alexander Whitehead was retained to conduct a comprehensive survey and research project on executive management succession planning in the mining sector. We engaged over 50 mining companies, ranging from juniors to international major producers, to complete an extensive survey questionnaire related to each company’s policies on executive succession planning. Our report also included research into current best practices across multiple industries and a comprehensive section related to implementing best practices protocols.
Please email us to receive a redacted copy of Mitigating Enterprise Risk with Succession Planning.